- This document contains the basic framework of a privacy notice but does not include all applicable information, you will have to assess your business to determine what other information must be made available.
Agro-mills Privacy Notice
Who we are:
We are Agromills SA CC, (Reg No 1995/051698/23) with our registered office & factory at Unit 30, Eastgate Business Park, Crnr South Road & Marlboro Drive, Marlboro, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”).
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
When you use our Site or open an account with us (or update your account details), we may collect:
- Personal information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. If you contact us, we will also collect your personal information and keep a record of that correspondence. We collect this information for the following reasons:
- To register you as a new customer, set up and manage your account and to communicate with you and in relation to surveys, market updates. It is necessary for us to collect this information for the performance of a contract with you, comply with a legal obligation and for our legitimate interests: to register your account and manage it, contact you regarding changes to our Terms or this Policy, contact you in relation to any orders or in response to any of query or complaint from you and improve our services and/or goods.
- To ensure you receive relevant marketing and offers. We have a legitimate interest to collect this information: to get to know your preferences and to personalise our offers to you to improve the marketing you receive from us.
- Technical information when you use our Site, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating systems and information about your visit, such as how you use our Site, products you viewed or searched for, where you are accessing our Site from, length of visit and download errors. We collect this information to help us understand how to improve our services and our Site. We have a legitimate interest for this processing: to ensure that our Site is operating effectively and to provide you with a great service.
How we get the personal information and what we use is for:
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Profile Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- request that our newsletters and case studies be sent to you;
- contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based
- search information providers such as Google based.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To respond to your requests and inquiries;
- To review your qualifications in connection with your job application;
- To send periodic emails, including marketing materials that you have requested or that we believe may interest;
- To understand, monitor and support the technical performance of the Website;
- To customize your user experience;
- For any other purpose where you have provided your consent.
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
Electronically, with Cloud Back-up systems protected with Antivirus and Windows firewall.
We keep your information as per our retention policy. We will then dispose your information by shredding information.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request Agromills SA CC to correct or supplement any of your personal data which will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Agromills SA CC will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Agromills SA CC from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Name: Agromills SA CC
Address: Unit 30, Eastgate Business Park, Crnr South Road & Marlboro Drive, Marlboro, Sandton, Johannesburg
Phone Number: +27 11 884 8033
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za